Located inside the Apollo Recreation Center is a gymnasium that is left open for you to use for “open gym”. This facility is open for your use at periodic times during the week when park district activities are not in session. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a valid, card-carrying member 16 years and older who must provide supervision for the youth(s) inside the gymnasium. Basketballs are available for use with a valid facility pass. Gym shoes must be worn at all times. No dark sole running/jogging shoes allowed! No food or drinks allowed in the gymnasium. Hours are subject to change during days of special events or circumstances.
Click pictures below to view guidelines and schedule
Hours of Operation
(Effective September 8, 2020)
|Monday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||Open Gym||9:00 am -9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Friday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 6:00 pm|
|Sunday||Open Gym||9:00 am – 5:00 pm|
|Labor Day||September 8||Closed|
|Thanksgiving Day||November 26||Closed|
|Day after Thanksgiving||November 27||9 am – 8 pm|
|Christmas Eve||December 24||9 am – 3 pm|
|Christmas Day||December 25||Closed|
Gymnasium Facility Pass Fees
|Member||Resident Fee||Non-Resident Fee|
|Youth (8 years to 17 years)||$30||$60|
|Adult (18 years and older)||$75||$150|
|Corporate Rates*||$95 per employee|
*(Individuals not to exceed 30 employees per corporation)
General Membership Information
- All Facility Pass registrations take place at the Apollo Recreation Center during regular office hours. Proof of residency is required. One must be a picture I.D. and one current Alsip utility bill. Children should have a school I.D. or library card and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who must show proper identification.
- All facility pass members must have a photo I.D., taken at the Apollo Recreation Center.
- Bring your Facility Pass when registering. Your pass will then be re-validated for the 2019 season.
- Daily Passes may be purchased with a valid picture ID for a cost of $5 per visit for residents and $10 per visit for non-residents.
- The fee to replace a Facility Pass is $20 for adults 18 & over and $10 for ages 8-17.
- You must present a valid Facility Pass or Daily Pass before entering the Gymnasium/Fitness Center/Women’s Circuit Center.
No Exceptions will be made!!!
- There are no refunds on memberships.