Apollo Recreation Center
Registration Office Hours (Effective March 14, 2016)
Monday..................................................8:30 am-8:30 pm
Tuesday-Friday......................................8:30 am-5:30 pm
Saturday................................................9:00 am-1:00 pm
Note: The Apollo Recreation Center will be closed on Monday, May 30 in observance of Memorial Day.
Located inside the Apollo Recreation Center is a gymnasium that is left open for you to use for "open gym". This facility is open for your use at periodic times during the week when park district activities are not in session. Children under the age of 8 must be accompanied by a valid, card carrying member 16 years and older who must provide supervision for the youth(s) inside the gymnasium. Basketballs are available for use with a valid facility pass. Gym shoes must be worn at all times. No dark sole running/jogging shoes allowed! No food or drinks allowed in the gymnasium. Hours are subject to change during days of special events or circumstances.
Apollo Recreation Center Walking Path
Below are eight distances of the Walking Path located behind the Apollo Recreation Center.
1. Apollo to 127th Street and back = 1/2 mile.
2. Apollo to 123rd and Kostner and back = 1/2 mile.
3. 123rd & Kostner to the Aquatic Park = 1/4 mile.
4. Aquatic Park South on Kostner Avenue around the four ballfields at Prairie Jr. High only = 3/5 mile.
5. Walk the North path behind the Prairie D field (wooded area) = 1/2 mile.
6. Apollo Park North around all four Prairie Jr. High Ball fields only and back = 1.7 miles.
7. Apollo Park North around entire path and back = 2.25 miles.
8. Apollo Park South to 127th Street back to Apollo and North around entire path = 2.75 miles.
Apollo Recreation Center Rentals
The Apollo Recreation Center is available to private rentals. The Dance Room rental fee is $25 per hour (3 hour minimum) for Alsip Park District Residents and $50 per hour (3 hour minimum) for Non-Residents. The Dance Room has a 60 person capacity. The Small Gymnasium rental fee is $50 per hour (2 hour minimum) for Alsip Park District Residents and $75 per hour (2 hour minimum) for Non-Residents. The Small Gymnasium has a 25 person capacity. Each room requires a $50 CASH deposit. All rentals are based on the approval of a completed rental application. Allow at least two weeks before your preferred date to apply for the rental. For additional information contact our main office at 708-389-1003. Note: This is an alcohol and smoke free building.
Picnic Shelter Rentals
The Alsip Park District has a variety of Picnic Shelters available for rent. Picnic Shelter rental fees are $100 for five (5) hours for Alsip Park District Residents and $150 for five (5) hours for Non-Residents. A $50 CASH deposit is required. All rentals are based on the approval of a completed rental application. Allow at least two weeks before your preferred date to apply for the rental. For additional information contact our main office at 708-389-1003. Note: This is an alcohol and smoke free building.
The Alsip Park District has a variety of Ball Fields available for rent. The Ball Field rental fees are FREE for for Alsip Park District Residents youth teams and $5 per hour for Non-Residents youth teams to use. The fee for Alsip Park District In-House Adult league practice is $10 per hour. The fee for resident and non-resident use of a Ball Field is $25 per hour A $50 CASH deposit.is required. All rentals are based on the approval of a completed rental application. Allow at least two weeks before your preferred date to apply for the rental. For additional information contact our main office at 708-389-1003. Note: This is an alcohol and smoke free building.
WINTER Hours of Operation
Gymnasium Facility Pass Fees
|Member||Resident Fee||Non-Resident Fee|
|Youth (8 years to 17 years)||$30||$60|
|Adult (18 years and older)||$75||$150|
|Corporate Rates*||$95 per employee|
|*(Individuals not to exceed 30 employees per corporation)|
General Membership Information
- All Facility Pass registrations take place at the Apollo Recreation Center during regular office hours. Proof of residency is required. One must be a picture I.D. and one current Alsip utility bill. Children should have a school I.D. or library card and must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, who must show proper identification.
- All facility pass members must have a photo I.D., taken at the Apollo Recreation Center.
- Bring your Facility Pass when registering! Your pass will then be re-validated for the 2015 season.
- Daily Passes may be purchased with a valid ID for a cost of $5 per visit for residents and $10 per visit for non-residents.
- Building Supervisor Office will not sell guest passes.
- The fee to replace a Facility Pass is $20 for adults 18 & over and $10 for ages 8-17.
- You must present a valid Facility Pass before entering into the Gymnasium/Fitness Center/Women’s Circuit Center. No Exceptions will be made!!!
- There are no refunds on memberships.