Youth Scholarship Program
The Alsip Park District Scholarship Program is designed to provide financial assistance to residents of the Alsip Park District in need, to enable them to participate in Alsip Park District programs and/or facilities.
Click here for more information and application.
Procedures and Guidelines
Based on the availability of funds, the Alsip Park District will attempt to provide financial assistance to those residents who meet the eligibility requirements. The Alsip Park District reserves the right to approve full or partial assistance or deny an applicant’s request. The following guidelines have been developed to help make our programs safe and enjoyable for all participants.
- Financial Assistance is available to those residents who reside within the Alsip Park District boundaries.
- The Financial Assistance application must be completely filled out and returned with the registration form in order to be considered. The application will be reviewed and processed by Jeannette Huber, Director of Parks and Recreation.
- Upon submission of a scholarship request, families will be notified within 10 business days or less of their scholarship status.
- Financial Assistance is based on need and availability of funds and will be awarded on a first come-first serve basis during the current fiscal budget year.
- All submitted information is confidential and is not a matter of public record.
- All information on Youth Scholarship Program application must be true and accurate. Financial assistance awarded on the basis of false information supplied by the applicant will be revoked.
- Financial assistance is limited to one program per person per season. Applications must be completed seasonally. Granting of approval does not ensure continued approval for succeeding programs or seasons.
- Families who receive financial assistance must re-apply with each seasonal brochure (fall, winter, spring and summer).
- The portion of the participant’s payment is due before registration can be processed. Late payment or delinquency of the participant’s portion may result in ineligibility for future program participation and/or financial assistance.
- All registration policies and procedures apply to scholarship applicants.
- If requested, applicants must provide references.
- Employees of the Alsip Park District are not eligible for the Youth Scholarship Program.
- Scholarship money that has been awarded is never refunded in any case.
- The Alsip Park District Youth Scholarship Program is subject to change.
- For additional information, contact Jeannette Huber, Director of Parks and Recreation at (708) 389-1003.
All applicants will be required to provide proof of income, residency and family information. Scholarship applications cannot be considered without a copy of the documents listed below. The Alsip Park District may require additional documents if deemed necessary.
Proof of Income
- Most Recent Income Tax Return
- Copy of Child Support Payment
- Social Security/Disability Income
- Public Aid
- Illinois Cash/Link Assistance
- 2 Current Paycheck Stubs
- Unemployment Compensation
- All other sources of income
Proof of Residency
- Driver’s License or State ID plus one of the following
- 2 Current Utility Bills
- Property Tax Bill
- Copy of lease (if renting) or mortgage statement (if own home)
Proof of Parent/Guardianship
- Child’s Birth Certificate
- Income Tax Return Listing Child as Dependent.
What programs are covered by the Youth Scholarship Program?
The Youth Scholarship Program will allow residents to register for the following programs:
- Recreation Classes
- Day Camp
- Gym Pass
The Youth Scholarship Program does not allow residents to register for the following programs:
- Admission Fees: Golf, Aquatics, Fitness, etc.
- Memberships: Golf, Aquatics, Fitness, etc.
- Food & Beverages
- Adult Athletic Leagues
- Contractual Programs
- Contractual Camps
How can I make a donation?
Donations are always accepted by the Alsip Park District. Once a donation has been made, the donation will be deposited into the Youth Scholarship Program.